Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Day

Look at this regal motherfucker!

Unfortunately, we had a turkeyless Turkey Day this year. Morgan made her delicious chicken 'n dumplin's though, which is better than turkey anyhow. And yes, I did spell it chicken 'n dumplin's. Deal with it.

They don't eat Turkey here at all. My students didn't even know what a turkey was, which really surprised me. I hadn't thought about it before, but Americans eat a whole lotta turkey, and not just on Thanksgiving. Turkey burgers, turkey bacon, turkey hot dogs, turkey sausage, turkey chili, lunch meat turkey, etc. We'll substitute turkey for just about anything. Screw bald eagles. I think they should have listened to Benjamin Franklin and went with the turkey as the symbol for the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment